New Carrollton is built on the former estate of a horse racing figure, Edward L. Mahoney. After Mahoney’s death in 1957, the land was acquired by developer Albert W. Turner, who sought to create a planned suburb. He had received a charter for a City of Carrollton from the Maryland General Assembly four years earlier, on April 11, 1953.
Carrollton was named after early Maryland settler Charles Carroll of Carrollton, a delegate to the Continental Congress and signatory of the Declaration of Independence. As two other Maryland communities were also named Carrollton, a voter referendum on May 2, 1966, approved the renaming of the community to New Carrollton.
New Carrollton entrepreneurs have a huge opportunity for expansion and capital is in great demand… at First Down Funding we love servicing New Carrollton Business Owners and we provide fast processing to all loan applications. Apply online or call one of our expert New Carrollton funding consultants. First Down Funding is your small business funding source for New Carrolltonsmall business owners.