The community of Camp Springs was settled in the mid-19th century at the crossroads of present-day Branch Avenue and Allentown Road. By 1860, the settlement contained several stores, a blacksmith shop, a school, Methodist church, and several residences. Early maps record the name of this settlement as Allentown, after the Allen family. The Allens were large landholders in the area, and the town, adjacent road, and Allenwood Elementary School were named in recognition of them. The town’s popular name, and subsequently the name of its post office, was Camp Springs. According to local history, the community was called Camp Springs since soldiers en route to Fort Meade from the District of Columbia found the area to be a comfortable place to camp due to the abundant springs.
This welcoming city is known for its shopping, restaurants and casino gaming. United States Capitol and Jefferson Memorial are just a couple of the must-sees in the area.
Camp Springs entrepreneurs have a huge opportunity for expansion and capital is in great demand.… at First Down Funding we love servicing Camp Springs Business Owners and we provide fast processing to all funding applications. Apply online or call one of our expert Camp Springs funding consultants. First Down Funding is your small business funding source for Camp Springs small business owners.