Raleigh (/ˈrɑːli/; RAH-lee) is the capital of the state of North Carolina and the seat of Wake County in the United States. Raleigh is known as the "City of Oaks" for its many oak trees, which line the streets in the heart of the city.
The site was selected in 1788, and the city was laid off from a tract of forest in 1792, soon after the American Revolution, when North Carolina, like several others of the original states, moved its capital westward from the seaboard. Originally called Wake Courthouse, it was renamed for Sir Walter Raleigh. The first capitol, completed in 1794, burned in 1831 and was replaced by the present building, completed in 1840. It stands in the middle of a large square and is considered an outstanding example of Greek Revival architecture.
Raleigh is a major point for retail shipping and wholesale distribution for eastern North Carolina. After World War II the city attracted numerous factories manufacturing a wide variety of products, now including communications equipment, electronic equipment, computers, and processed foods; in addition it is a research and development centre for textiles and chemicals. Services are also important, and a number of insurance companies have their home offices or regional headquarters there.
Raleigh offers numerous financial incentives to retain and attract business. At First Down Funding, we provide a quick and easy way to obtain funds for your Raleigh business needs, whether it is a long term funding package or a short term cash funding, our professional and experienced staff are here to help you promptly and accurately. Contact us if you have any questions or conveniently apply online for expedite processing. Need small businesss funding in Raleigh? call First Down Funding.
- Small Business Funding in Outer Banks (OBX), North Carolina
- Business Loans in Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Small Business Funding in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Small Business Funding in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Business Loans in Wilmington, North Carolina
- Small Business Funding in Asheville, North Carolina
- Small Business Funding in Durham, North Carolina
- Business Loans in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Business Funding in Whynot, North Carolina
- Business Funding in North Carolina