BEST SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM FOR ADVERTISING
May 2nd 2016 at 4:14pm Published by firstdownadmin
New social media networks come out every week, most of which will never gain any sort of traction.
Social media advertising, or social media targeting, are advertisements served to users on social media platforms. Social networks utilize user information to serve highly relevant advertisements based on interactions within a specific platform. In many instances, when target market aligns with the user demographics of a social platform, social advertising can provide huge increases in conversions and sales with lower cost of acquisition.
The 6 Best Social Networks for Ecommerce Advertising
- Facebook. Facebook is THE universal social media network. With more than 2 billion monthly users, Facebook hosts over a quarter of the world’s population, providing advertisers with an unparalleled opportunity to reach virtually anyone and everyone. When it comes to ecommerce, Facebook excels at lead generation. If you want email addresses, Facebook is the place to go, with many advertisers reporting costs below $1 per lead
- Instagram. While Facebook’s mind-boggling user numbers make it the undisputed king of social media, the company’s hottest acquisition is beginning to look like the king of social advertising.
- Twitter. Twitter has revolutionized breaking news and provided unparalleled access for users to connect with both niche and mainstream influencers. With 328 million monthly active users, it remains one of the most popular social media platforms.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is unique. It’s visual, like Instagram, but unlike Instagram, it is highly targeted toward women with an 81% female user base. With 175 million monthly users, it’s also an incredibly active platform.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is another unique social platform that revolves primarily around the B2B market. LinkedIn has an estimated 227 million monthly active users, evenly split between male and female users. 61% of users fall into the 30-64 age range bracket.