Hiring the right person is a time-consuming task. Posting jobs, sifting and sorting through resumes, conducting job interviews, and making a final hiring decision all rests on your shoulders. It’s easy to daydream about finding and hiring that ideal job candidate, but it’s often challenging to actually find that person – unless you apply the following rules to your hiring process.
- Understand how the candidate’s aspiration fits with the job.
- Vet them appropriately.
- Don’t hyperfocus on their past.
- Consider evaluation strategies beyond the face-to-face interview.
- Make sure candidates spend plenty of time with your team.
- Pay attention to the questions they ask.
- Work with them first.
You’ll be surprised what you can find out about a candidate by researching their social presence. Did you know that more than 90 percent of companies prefer to recruit through social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn LNKD +0%, and Twitter TWTR +0%? If you look at the list of Fortune 500 firms, you’ll see that 45 percent of these firms list job openings on social media.
This post was written by fdfadmin