Florida Business Funding by First Down Funding
Florida is one of the United States’ economic powerhouses.
It’s the third biggest state in the country by population, and has the fourth biggest economy. In fact, its GDP is larger than all but 16 countries.
The top five industries for small business in Florida are accommodation and food services; healthcare and social assistance; professional, scientific, and technical services; construction; and retail.
Florida’s gross domestic product reached $1 trillion in 2018. If Florida were an independent nation, it would have the 17th-largest GDP in the world, ranking just behind Indonesia and above Turkey, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and Argentina.
Florida is one of the best states to start a business, according to a recent study by WalletHub. The sunshine state recently ranked as the sixth best of all 50 states to start a business based on multiple factors including financing accessibility to availability of human capital to office-space affordability
Interesting Floriday’s economy facts:
- There are about 2.5 million small businesses in Florida
- Disney World employs more people at a single location than any other company in the US
- The Everglades generate more than $100 million for the Florida economy
- Florida’s top agricultural export is meat, not citrus
- Nineteen percent of Floridians are over 65 years old — and there’s one county where more than half the population is over 65
- Two thirds of the land in Florida is used for farming
- Florida’s top industry, tourism, added $111.7 billion to the state’s economy in 2018
Looking to start a business in Florida? click here for more info.
This post was written by fdfadmin