HOW TO START A RETAIL BUSINESS
August 11th 2014 at 1:29pm Published by firstdownadmin
While estimates of total costs will vary according to type of retail and shop location — “Entrepreneur” magazine lists start-up costs between $2,000 and $50,000 for different retail enterprises from antique furniture sales to musical equipment sales
Steps to Open a Retail Store
- Choose a Legal Structure for Your Retail Business. …
- Choose a Name.
- File for an EIN.
- Determine Your Products or Services.
- Determine Your Channels.
- Research and Know the Laws.
- Define Your Customer Experience.
- Write a Business Plan.
Depending on your town, county and state laws, you may be required to obtain some or all of the following licenses and permits:
- Resale license or sales tax license.
- City and/or county business license or permit.
- “Doing Business As” (DBA) registration.
- Fire department permit.
- Sign permit.
- Health department license.