Everyone knows you need a business plan, yet many entrepreneurs don’t realize a marketing plan is just as vital. Unlike a business plan, a marketing plan focuses on winning and keeping customers; it’s strategic and includes numbers, facts and objectives. A good marketing plan spells out all the tools and tactics you’ll use to achieve your sales goals. It’s your plan of action — what you’ll sell, who’ll want to buy it and the tactics you’ll use to generate leads that result in sales. And unless you’re using your marketing plan to help you gain funding, it doesn’t have to be lengthy or beautifully written. Use bulleted sections, and get right to the point.
7 Steps to Building the Perfect Marketing Strategy
- Run a SWOT analysis.
- Figure out the value proposition.
- Determine marketing strategy objectives.
- Understand your customers.
- Define your buyer personas.
- Analyze your market and competitors.
- Establish your marketing methods.
This post was written by firstdownadmin