THE MOST PROFITABLE COMPANIES
March 5th 2012 at 4:39pm Published by firstdownadmin
As an example of how economic power is shifting from the U.S. to other countries, U.S.-based companies represent only 4 of the top 10 by profits, and just 2 of the top 10 by revenues. Profit leaders include Apple Inc. (AAPL) in 2nd place, JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) in 6th, Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) in 7th, and Bank of America Corp. (BAC) in 9th. Apple has nearly twice the annual profits of JPMorgan Chase ($59.5 billion vs. $32.4 billion), but only about half that of Saudi Aramco ($111.0 billion).
The World’s 10 Most Profitable Companies
- Saudi Aramco – $110.9 billion.
- Apple – $59.5 billion.
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China – $45 billion.
- Samsung Electronics – $39.8 billion.
- China Construction Bank – $38.4 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. – $32.4 billion.
- Alphabet – $30.7 billion.
- Agricultural Bank of China – $30.6 billion.