Just like regular consumers, businesses can have credit reports and scores. Major business credit bureaus such as Dun & Bradstreet, Experian, and Equifax all keep a record of all payments and history of a business. These reports are used by lenders and other finance organizations to evaluate a business viability for loans and other financial transactions.
If you are looking to build or improve your business credit, you must consider the following:
- Keep all accounts payable up-to-date.
- Establish a good credit relationship with all vendors.
- Obtain an employer identification number (EIN)
- Open a business credit card and make sure that it’s paid on time.
- Get Incorporated.
- Increase online exposure of your company name through online business directories.
- Monitor our credit frequently.
Once your business builds good financial reputation, it is much easier to set up lines of credit, short-term and long-term loans and you will be able to take advantage of any opportunity to grow your business with the right amount of capital.
This post was written by fdfadmin