If you’re frequently on the road for work, use these tips to make the most of your time away from home.
Business Travel Tips for Frequent Corporate Travelers
- Use only carry on bags. Lugging a large suitcase through a foreign city or having your luggage lost before your destination is no way to start a business trip. Pack light to keep all your belongings in your allotted carry on bags.
- Keep essentials packed between trips. Having extra toiletries, chargers, office supplies and business cards already in your bag can save you time each time you travel.
- Pack dress shirts in plastic garment bags. The plastic bags your dry cleaning is delivered in can help keep shirts from wrinkling in your suitcase.
- Include casual clothes, not just suits. Having business-appropriate clothing is important. However, you’ll likely have time to explore your surroundings on foot and have a casual dinner one night. Packing gym clothes is also important.
- Pack with security checkpoints in mind. Depending on where you’re traveling to, you will have to follow various security protocols. Your liquids and electronics should be easily accessible.
- Invest in good luggage and accessories. A suitcase that is easy to pack and maneuver is worth the investment. A small digital scale that fits in a side pocket can help you avoid costly charges for a suitcase over the airline’s weight limit.
Pack items that help you sleep. Prioritize a pillow, headphones or eye mask to help you sleep while at a hotel or on the plane. A good night of sleep is more important than a fourth pair of shoes.
This post was written by PTPGLOBAL