TIPS FOR BUSINESS TRAVELING
April 19th 2010 at 9:27pm Published by firstdownadmin
If you’re frequently on the road for work, use these tips to make the most of your time away from home.
Business Travel Tips for Frequent Corporate Travelers
- Use only carry on bags. Lugging a large suitcase through a foreign city or having your luggage lost before your destination is no way to start a business trip. Pack light to keep all your belongings in your allotted carry on bags.
- Keep essentials packed between trips. Having extra toiletries, chargers, office supplies and business cards already in your bag can save you time each time you travel.
- Pack dress shirts in plastic garment bags. The plastic bags your dry cleaning is delivered in can help keep shirts from wrinkling in your suitcase.
- Include casual clothes, not just suits. Having business-appropriate clothing is important. However, you’ll likely have time to explore your surroundings on foot and have a casual dinner one night. Packing gym clothes is also important.
- Pack with security checkpoints in mind. Depending on where you’re traveling to, you will have to follow various security protocols. Your liquids and electronics should be easily accessible.
- Invest in good luggage and accessories. A suitcase that is easy to pack and maneuver is worth the investment. A small digital scale that fits in a side pocket can help you avoid costly charges for a suitcase over the airline’s weight limit.
Pack items that help you sleep. Prioritize a pillow, headphones or eye mask to help you sleep while at a hotel or on the plane. A good night of sleep is more important than a fourth pair of shoes.